Thx again for taking the time to come.

Post Edited (08-21-06 12:11)
:massa::massa: [SIGPIC]Bild[/SIGPIC] Neupreis 20.240,DM

Hohenroda 2007 http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?video ... MTExNTk%3D
ChicaneUK
Neuer Benutzer
Re: Corrados in Osnabrück

Beitrag von ChicaneUK »

Thanks for the pictures. Mine was the red Corrado!

We all had a really good time and it was nice to meet so many of you Scirocco nutters in Germany.. you really were incredibly friendly and hospitable!

Looking forward to next year :)
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

Beitrag von Doug Teulie »

@Mein Einser

It was great to meet you at the Aug Karmann event. Your 1980 Euro spec MK1 is very nice. I wish I could have spent more time with you.

http://www.noname-team.de/roccotreffen2 ... age55.html
I did not have a Corrado but I did get to drive one! Thanks to Eric. The Corrado team was great fun. I just may have to get one........

Post Edited (08-29-06 17:50)
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

Hi Doug,

I take it you've arrived back in sunny Ca alright without too many problems at Heathrow, moreover WITH your luggage :-)

I did notice a missed call on my cellphone over the weekend, whilst I was helping Steve at Chris' place, fitting a new steering column to Steve's Corrado, and Yan sanding down his Triumph TR6, making lots of noise, due to which I probably didn't hear my cellphone. Assume it was you trying to get hold of me :-)

Well, together with Jim we were recently subjected to British airports finest security controls on our way to berlin for the Iroc presentation, but we, and most importantly our luggage, survived the scrutiny.

Yes, it was a great event in Ibbenbüren, especially the extra tour of the dungeons below the Karmann museum :baff: Loved the extra cars that were down there :sabber:

Tempest
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

Beitrag von Doug Teulie »

Kathy and I made it home with all of our new European luggage. Kathy was worried about many of the souvenirs making it back in our “Amsterdam purchased luggage." We did manage to pick up a MK1 Scirocco toy in Denmark. We stopped in a small town to use up our last 600 Crown. We thought we could get a cookie or even a slice of cheese for that amount. We found a toy store that had a good collection of toys and they had one MK1!

Back to travel complications:
The personal violations “Q” at Heathrow were very long but we did get on the BA 747 to LA after our flight from Amsterdam with no trouble.

The first of our original vacation luggage was delivered to my work. We stopped by the office on the way home. The second bag (that had my camera in it) arrived at our house Tuesday at 4:30 AM by courier. That bag looked like it made the Atlantic crossing as a bow ornament on a ship (like the old mermaids). I did think to put all the electronics including the convoy communication radios in plastic bags so none of the works were damaged. My 24 hours of Le Mans shirt is badly water stained. The third bag has been promised to be delivered three times but has not arrived yet. I have very little hope that I will ever see the box that we assembled in the London train station because it was loaded with soap and shampoo that is known to be problematic to aircraft. As our friend in the airport said, “It is pretty sad when all your belongings are in a box but it is better than living in a box.”

The door bell just rang…….

The third bag arrived at 8:48 AM on August 30th !!!!! It is a miracle!!!

I am working on my full trip report and dealing with all the mischief that my fellow workers have made for me during my vacation. It was great seeing all of you.
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
OSLer
Erfahrener Nutzer

Beitrag von OSLer »

Hello Doug & Kathy,

glad to hear you made it home safe and got some of your luggage back.
Sad enough, that something is damaged, hoped it´ll turn out all right.

We are really anxoius to read your travel report.

Dirk sent me your film footage, you got some really good scirocco´s over there, the green mark 2 without the side spoiler looks great.
Your training runs through the cone´s are really impressive, I wouldn´t even have known which direction I have to drive. :hihi:

As Dirk already said, the DVD is still in production, the first 9 minutes of it, including the arrival at Karmann and the tour through the museum, are complete.
Hope to get some footage of some guys from the scirocco forum including scenes of the tour and the handover of the Königsrocco (king rocco).
I´ll make an subtitle version for you and the english chaps of it, so it´ll take 2 or 3 days more to complete your DVD´s.

At last, let me say it has been a privilege for me to meet you and Kathy here in Germany. :wink:
Had a great time talking to you, even if my english isn´t that good. :hihi:

greets to Cali from Lars and Manu

Post Edited (08-30-06 21:04)
Antworten