Why is difficult to deal with my fellow europeans?

General discussion for Scirocco owners
Antworten
Mickey Marrows
Neuer Benutzer
Why is difficult to deal with my fellow europeans?

Beitrag von Mickey Marrows »

As you may know I have been trying to source a exhaust header for my G60 Mk1. I'd prefer to use a Tezet unit, for two reasons, one I'd prefer to give my money to one of my Euro cousins instead of an American :) and two its probably better quality.
The problem is that despite posts on here, numerous emails to Tezet, thier German supplier and AME tuning in both english and german I am yet to recieve ANY details on the manifold.
By comparison I sent one email to the USA and within 24 hours I have tube sizes, primary length, material, cost, and shipping details to the UK.

Why is this?

I'm about to send money to the US.... I'm not happy...
73 Scirocco TS wreck (Ibiza red)
76 Scirocco GLS 16v (peal metallic)
77 Scirocco G60 (laguna blue)
90 Passat 16v
68 Sand Rail
Tempest
Re: Why is difficult to deal with my fellow europeans?

Beitrag von Tempest »

Customer service might be something we have forgotten about in Europe, or possibly the US simply have more time to address your questions, as they might be selling fewer units (US peeps mainly drive US cars, Tezet make stuff for Eurocars, small market in the US by comparison to the EU-market).

I'm just going on my own experience running my own company: When you're really busy, then the day has only got so and so many hours, whereas if you've got less work on, that leaves far more time for customer relations work.

From a company's point of view I, of course, prefer the former :-)

As far as answers from this forum are concerned, I did try my best, but it seems there is only one chap that is actually running such a system on his Rocco, and like me, he doesn't necessarily want to take the manifold off just to measure the inner diameter of the primaries ;-)

Tempest
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
Mickey Marrows
Neuer Benutzer

Don't worry Eric I have nothing but gratitude for your help, and the chap in germany with a tezet manifold. Its the companies themselves that I feel let down by, I suppose I'm just disapointed. If they KNOW they haven't time to answer emails then maybe they shouldn't have things on thier websites like 'any enquires? please email me on blah blah blah' Sorry for the rant.

P.S I don't exect to get the internal diameter of the primaries, just the external! they'll either be 41mm, 44mm or 48mm and would take 30 seconds to measure, sorry.
90 Passat 16v
68 Sand Rail
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

>just the external!

OK, I'll try again, but cekey, the chap with the Tezet on his JH-engined Rocco, isn't that often on this forum, unfortunately.

Tempest
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

Got some dimensions from cekey :-)

Each of the 4 primaries has an outer diameter of 42 mm.

Tempest

Post Edited (03-25-06 22:39)
Mickey Marrows
Neuer Benutzer

Ok cool, thanks Eric, thats too small for me, I've ordered a TT one from peter @ scirocco.com. Including 2 day delivery it cost me £299.... look forward to seeing it.

Hopefully engine in by end of April and running by end of May, like to take it to MIVW in Holland on the 18th June....
90 Passat 16v
68 Sand Rail
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

Should have taken it to Roadstar, pure Rocco-event, but that's a bit tight, looking at your schedule :-)

Tempest
Antworten